Tuesday, June 3, 2014

#1476 (NSFW) sold


Welcome to the first R rated (Elle)ement.

Y'see, yesterday was a big notification day in the traveling artist world.  A good show in a great town, that many do well at.  1300 applications received for 220 spots. Tough competition. Imagine if you had to reapply for your job against 1300 other applicants every week. 

So, I didn't get in this time, neither did about 1100 folks. 

Scott and I have a running joke about this, somewhere in mid pissing and moaning, bitching and gnashing of teeth about not getting into a show Scott will shrug his shoulders and say, "well, you'll just have to get better".

I usually toss a pillow at his head, or something like that at this point. 

Although there are tons of variables in getting juried into or out of a show, jurors taste, who was seen right before you.  Getting better is about the only thing I have any control over.

So, I'm headed out to the studio to see if I can do just that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment